Sunday, August 28, 2005

Busy week being lazy in Oulu

I was unable to do my regular blogging this week as the weather was just great and I spent most of my time outside.

Monday was Football match Day for Samu. It was a sad day as well, as the Coach of the side failed to turn up with the uniforms for the two matches. I asked another father to act as the coach. He did his best, but a dispirited team played two matches.

Warming up on a beautiful late summer evening

Warming up on a beautiful late summer evening


Three cheers for the opponents after the game

Three cheers for the opponents after the game


On Thursday, I had a great 3 hour walk in the morning. When I got home, Annikki wanted to go to the beach to collect some sand and stones for the garden. It was a wonderful day, with a cloudy sky with a warm breeze. I lazed on the beach while Annikki collected her treasures. I caught a few shots of the grey sky, which although looking foreboding, was actually desperately beautiful in all respects.

A warm afternoon at the Nallikari beach

A warm afternoon at the Nallikari beach


The sunlight streams through in the  afternoon at the Nallikari beach

The sunlight streams through in the afternoon at the Nallikari beach


The sea glistens in the sunlight

The sea glistens in the sunlight


As through the whole week on days that Samu attended school (he missed Tuesday and Wednesday because of flu), I picked him up from his International School.

Samu's School

Samu's School


My good friend, Zambian Kamutaza Tembo, a graphic designer, works as a member of the Afternoon Club in Samu's School, which looks after children who do not go home when school finishes as their parents may still be at work.

Kamutaza Tembo

Kamutaza Tembo


Saturday was lazy day. I popped over to Joanna's place. Joanna was busy making a cake for Tina-Maria, the daughter of her good friend Christina from Tanzania, who is studying medicine in Estonia and doing her work experience in the Oulu University Research Hospital.

Joanna, Tony and Daniel, Christina in the background

Joanna, Tony and Daniel, Christina in the background


Daniel with me

Daniel with me


Our cat was in the spirit of the lazy days and was rolling over to catch my attention.

Iitu rolls

Iitu rolls


Iitu slyly looks up to catch my attention

Iitu slyly looks up to catch my attention


Hopefully this glorious weather will continue for a few more weeks.

No comments: