Saturday, September 30, 2006

An outrageous Saturday Puzzle

Lateral thinking allows your mind to really run wild.

In today's Saturday Puzzle I give you a final scenario and I would like you to think of a possible explanation of what could have happened for this situation to have occurred.

Let your mind wander and let thoughts flow. However improbable it may seem let it out.

It does not matter how wild the solution seems - but I want you to try!!

I will have a small prize for the most plausible "original" explanation that I get.

The SATURDAY PUZZLE


"Three men die.
On the pavement are pieces of ice and broken glass."


Let us see who comes up with the wildest suggestion!

Last week was as hectic as ever.



Autumn is really here - so we have a lot of yellow leaves strewn around the garden. Hard work ahead for someone. (Note: I have a bad back at convenient times!)



We had Annikki's mother going in for her interval care. She was in a good mood. We will be glad when she comes back in a short while. She usually snaps at the taxi driver of the InvaTaxi as he takes her down the front stairs in her wheelchair, but this time she was real nice to him.



I may have retired but I still went to the Vocational Guidance Exhibition held in the Oulu Sports Dome. The place was packed with kids looking at their possible future.

I tried to guide some of my young foreign friends to visit the exhibition. Sadly, none of them or their parents understood the importance of vocational guidance. One young boy from an ethnic minority home who attended with his school group was totally clueless as to why he had been taken there.

This shows a lack of appreciation by both immigrant or ethnic minority parents into guidance of their children to suitable careers, as well as a lack of initiative by the staff of the schools to guide these students, who actually need the most help, to take advantage of such occasions.



The most popular spot was the Air Force stall where they had a flight simulator where the kids could sit in the seat a guide their plane over large tracts of territory.



Another popular one was the stand of Noptel, a company formed over 15 years ago which produces a product that enables one to practice shooting at a target using a laser attachment to a gun and no real bullets.

Does anyone else see something in this "popularity" which I do?

I am grateful to a person who bothered to find out and run after me with the right answer to a question that I had posed.

No one asked me why I wasting my time at an exhibition for young people and why I was asking these questions!

Annikki and I were looking for new flea markets. We found a relocated Red Cross Flea market, known as Kontti. But it has become a high priced antique store rather than a flea market. They have copied the Salvation Army model. Although one must congratulate the Red Cross on opening such a shop, it can hardly be called a flea market as the prices are not the ones us fleas will pay.



We went on a road where in the first time in over 20 years I saw a goods train actually using the train track and the level crossing gate actually worked with the red lights flashing.

Last week, Annikki was busy changing the curtains in the house.


1984, Annikki in the blue saree at an English Club
of Oulu event where I gave a talk about India.


She left a piece of silk, which had once been her saree, lying on the bed.



Our cat, Iitu, thought it made a nice comfortable spot to have a nap and feel the smooth silk on her woolly coat.

No comments: