Friday, April 01, 2005

A pleasant email from Saroopya

I was very pleasantly surprised to get an email from a young engineering graduate from Madras, Saaroopya Gollapudi.

Vishnu, Veena, Saroopya and Sahitya

Vishnu, Veena, Saroopya and Sahitya
Photo: Copyright Jacob Matthan

Hello uncle,

How are you all? We are all fine here.

Last time when Sussana and Joanna came home, mom was very happy to see them.

Mom was curious to know whether it was a baby girl or boy to Joanna. (Uncle Jacob: It is a lovely baby boy, called Daniel. Here is a picture of Samuel, Daniel and Uncle Jacob.)
Samuel, Daniel and Jacob: Photo: Dr. Balakrishna

Samuel, Daniel and Jacob, February 2005
Photo: Copyright Dr. Balakrishna Janardhana


I emailed you some months back but the mails bounced back to me. (Uncle Jacob: That was when findians@findians.com collapsed due to spam overload. Now my only email is jmatthan@gmail.com )

They enjoyed mom's Dosas...(Uncle Jacob: Don't we all. And her great Rasam!!)

When are you people coming to India. (Uncle Jacob: Not so long as we have the responsibility of taking care of Annikki Aunty's mother)

We have shifted our house again now. The address is :

S-106, 4th Main Road,
Anna Nagar, Chennai - 600040.
Ph: 91-44-26266115 / 26269065

Dad is fine still touring now and then. Mom has a back pain and she has been advised rest for 2 months. (Uncle Jacob: Veena should go and see a retired Wing Commandewr in Mysore and she will be cured overnight.)

Sahitya is fine doing his third year in engineering.

I have completed my engineering and now I am on the look out for the job. (Uncle Jacob: It is important you are active so that you increase your CV on a daily basis. Otherwise Job Interviwers will think you are not motivated enough.)

Hope I get one soon.

Is there anything you can advise on how I can go about this. (Uncle Jacob: Lots of advice - but I am so out of touch with India, I cannot really be useful other than tell you what I would do.)

Uncle, grandfather and grandmother are all fine.

Nothing more uncle..

Regards to everyone there.

With love,

Saroop

Wasn't that a nice letter from a well brought up young engineer. The boys get their good behavioural talents from a lovely couple, who are our good friends and also from their grandparents, fine people. Vishnu used to be my close and sincere working partner for many years. I learnt much from him.

No comments: