Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Windy city...

Last Sunday was a beautiful early summer's day. The sun was shining brightly and the strong wind had a wonderful cooling effect in the hot sun.

Annikki wanted to go to the garden shops to pick up some flowers. When I tried to start the car, I found I had left the radio and and the battery was dead. I used the power loader and started the car and we went to do the shopping.

I was not happy that the battery had charged enough in the short run to the shops, so I proposed a trip to the beach. It is about 10 km from home to the Nallikari beach. This is a beach I have depicted several times on this blog - in different states and stages. Here, the scenery is as varied as the days of the year.



When we arrived we found, like us, many had come there to enjoy the beautiful day. The waves were lashing the shore and the foamy sea was something I have not seen here in Oulu for many decades. There were a few wind surfers battling the waves. We saw our next door neighbour there, who had been wind surfing, as it is his hobby.



I was quite surprised to see an small effective dyke that had been built from straw.



Annikki, as usual, was looking for special stones. She was successful in picking up some great ones.

Although we only stayed a short while, it was a fun day at the beach.

No comments: