Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Vegetarian Halal Beef?

I noticed that of one of our tenants in our Guest House had bought himself a cup noodle packet, Beef and Tomato. I had never seen this brand before.

From Vegetarian Beef


When I looked at it carefully, I noted clearly that it was a Beef and Vegetable preparation.

From Vegetarian Beef


When I looked still a little closer, I noted a small emblem showing that this product was suitable for VEGETARIANS.

I looked even closer at the next symbol to note that it was suitable for MOSLEMS who only eat HALAL MEAT.

From Vegetarian Beef


I looked at the list of Ingredients. It read as follows (Emphasis is mine):

"INGREDIENTS: Noodle Cake: Wheat flour soft, palm oil, water, salt. Seasoning: Beef flavouring, wheat flour soft, sugar, maltodextrin, tomato powder, salt, monosodium glutamate (E621),citric acid (E330), caramel (E150c), I+G (E627, E631),silicon dioxide, (E551), onion extract, dried (chives, carrots, peas)."

'What a combination I thought -. Vegetarian Halal Beef Noodles!

You never know where technology takes us these days. :-)

1 comment:

Meera's World said...

HAHAHA:)