Saturday, September 09, 2023

Killer on the loose


A couple of months ago I saw an ad on Facebook or a watch that would measure blood sugar without actually having to prick the finger to take a blood sample. 


As I am a Type 2 diabetic with a widely ranging blood sugar value which needs me to adjust my insulin levels, I thought this could be an alternative. 


I ordered the watch.







It arrived with a broken screen. 


I did a test of all the values to be measured and found the pedometer, the blood pressure and the blood sugar values were grossly inaccurate. 



Also the watch strap clip fell to pieces within two days.


I informed the support team and they offered to send me a new watch. 


I expressly told them that I only needed a watch that accurately measured the blood sugar values, as other measurements were not life threatening.



A new watch arrived which was a different model to the first one. It even ran with a different app on my iPhone.



My testing revealed that all the inaccuracies in measurement continued and especially the blood sugar value. 


It never showed a value of more than 6 when  the actual value could be over 12. And it consistently showed a value of less than 5 when the actual value was more than 8. 


In Type 2 diabetes if the blood sugar measured is less than 5 it is necessary to lift the value with sn intake of sugar. And  if it is more than 7 the insulin dose injected has to be increased.


The value measured using the Smart watch F58 is just 5.7 whereas the value obtained using the blood sample and the blood glucose monitor in 13.8!


The situation with the first watch was similar!


These are killer situations for a Type 2 diabetic patient.


I wrote to the support team and they made a series of offers to refund money, all of which I refused.


In the meantime they removed the blood sugar measurement from the first watch.


The other major error is the pedometer reading. 


I take 2 steps to my wheelchair when I go to the toilet and another 4 steps from the wheelchair to the toilet. I get values which are picked out of thin air as 30 steps to over a 200 steps for such situations. Also I walk for almost an hour every week in the department store when I do my weekly shopping with a walker. I get readings of 100 steps to 500 steps, both of which are nowhere close to reality.


I say that these dangerous readings  that can be killers. You are duly warned not to use these watches for any medical purposes. 


And to top it off, the other day I got a reading of my body temperature of 47.5 C which means they had already killed me off.


Beware of the claims made for these watches.















I am putting a link on Facebook to this blog entry as it could lead you to a very serious situation leading to death!

No comments: