Sunday, September 17, 2023

Thank you readers

 I restarted blogging after the last visit to the rehabilitation centre put me in touch with an occupationalist therapist.

I told her my problem of using my laptopo was the distance of the screen from my eyes and my poor eysesight. 

During the day I can use a large screen but using the laptop on my lap at night was very unsteady.


She brought me a pillow type laptop stand which was quite effective. It was a model from IKEA.

I tried IKEA and found this model was obsolete. But I found a better one from Amazon.com which also had a wooden flat base to the pillow underside, a wrist support and a cut out for the mobile phone and one for a tablet

I ordered it and it was with me in just a week.

I found it comfortable and I could use it conveniently sitting up on the bed and it was of course especially comfortable to use it when I was in the wheelchair.

This has made my night computer usage a great possibility

So I started my blogging which had virtually come to a standstill for the last two years after the amputation of my foot and then the amputation of my right leg.

I may have had writer's block but the comfort of the position sort of removed my writer's block.

I have over 2000  blog entries created over the last 30 years and I did get about a hundred to a couple of hundred people who would find blog entries of interesst through the various search engines.

Yesterday I found that over 1200 visits to my blogs and by midday today I had over 600  visitors

This makes me feel great as it means that my writing style and the subjects I write about still haver relevance.

In three blog entries I put out our contribution to the Findian cilture over the last 60 years.

I blogged about Annikki's 79th birthday. I blogged about  a Killer Smart Watch on the loose. I blogged about my late sister who passed away 63 years ago. I blogged about the reason why we quit the Association of Indians in Oulu.

I bloggedd about leading personalities in my life as the late Ms. Anna Mani and Dr. M. V. Kurian and 

Tan Sri B. C. Shekhar. And I blogged about a humble management trainee who taught me more than most people and whom I considered as a great mentor.

These three blogs highlight our life as Findians:

https://jmatthan.blogspot.com/2023/08/findians-association-with-finland-1943.html 

https://jmatthan.blogspot.com/2023/08/findians-association-with-finland-1943_13.html 


https://jmatthan.blogspot.com/2023/08/findians-association-with-finland-1984.html


And our first in the series was how we are very proud parents.

Now I have a whole host of subjects lined up and the excitement of writing to satisfy my audience is a new thrill.

At the same time I am now getting more active in writing my memoirs. 

I am starting to write a new version of our book "Handbook for Survival in Finland".



There is excitement in the air.

The only sadness is that my partner for all these years has been Annikki. Now dementia has set in so I only tell her what I am doing. I

t excites her but her valuable contribution that I depended on all these years is no longer forthcoming.

My "Laughing Goddess" is still my inspiration.

Do let me know of any subjects you would be interested in. 

I am reasearching in depth the highly topical subject of the name of the country India or Bharat. 

Finland has two names Finland and Suomi. So this is not an unique situation for India.

I hope to study this subject from a historical, economical and political viewpoint and hope to tinge it with some degree of humour and sarcasam.

This subject was already started by us in 2015 when we wrote the book "The Titanic Called India”. So it is something that has not popped up yesterday.



Thank you reader readers for showing trust in us and keeping us in your  minds all these years. I hope I do not disappoint you.



No comments: