Monday, July 04, 2005

Crumpled Rose

This morning, before I set out on my morning walk, I pottered around the garden.

There was one flower that Annikki had drawn my attention to a couple of days ago. It is a rose - except that when it blooms, in full bloom the petals look completely crumpled - "Crumpled Rose" was what Annikki called it.

Crumpled Rose at Kampitie

Crumpled Rose in Kampitie


On the internet I found one description:

La Rose Bordeaux®
Masrobo


Pale pink - isolated, rose bed - H 1,2 +++ - TR

This rose is an ode to womanhood and sensuality. Large flowers bloom in generous flowering heads or panicles on a strong and vigorous bush with medium green foliage. It is then that bloom roses with crumpled petals, rustling like petticoats, whose pale pink shade becomes more flesh-coloured in the centre, giving off a soft and tender scent all through the summer.

No comments: