Saturday, October 01, 2005

Musicians from Philippines

I had the great pleasure of meeting two delightful young men from Philippines. Like me, they have been in Finland for over 20 years.

They play as the back up for a Finnish singer by the name of Frederiic, who has a group called Dynamite. Sorry for the quality of the photograph - someone will have to get me a better digital camera! (hint, hint!)

Arthur and Eddie

Arthur and Eddie,
musicians from Philippines


Both of them speak excellent English and also good Finnish. They are taking part in a big Music Do at the Oulu Sports Dome tonight, proabably another Do to celebrate the so-called 400 year birthday celebration of Oulu City.

I think Eddie is keen internet user, so we may have another regular reader of this blog.

Welcome Eddie and Arthur. Do send me a better photograph, so that I can replace this crappy one I took!

Eddie asked me include the links to the web pages about the Slum in Oulu, so here they are.

Click here for the slide show of the Finnish Oulu Slum

Click here for the slide show of the Oulu Slum Clearance - Mission Accomplished?

Click here for the blog entry about a fake Indian Slum in Oulu and real life Finnish Slum in Oulu

No comments: