Sunday, December 04, 2005

Gopa and Timo visit Oulu

I was very happy to have Gopa and Timo visit Kampitie in Oulu, en route to their home in Keravaa in South Finland. Gopa was so thoughtful she turned up with a lovely cake - but she admitted that she had not baked it herself.

Gopa, is the daughter of Sadhana Madhusadan (née Shah,) a 54er from Cathedral and John Connon School, Mumbai, who is a dear friend of mine. Gopa is my foster daughter.

They had been visiting Timo's mother who lives about 100 km east of Oulu, near the town of Pudasjärvi.

Both of them looked in excellent health.

Gopa and Timo visit Kampitie

Gopa and Timo visit Kampitie, 4th December 2005


Timo had just finished attending a refresher course on instrumentation for printing equipment run by Honeywell, the old British computer and instrumentation company which had been bought over by the Finnish paper group, Ahlström Oy. The documentation that he showed me was weighty.

I am happy that I am now retired so that I do not, any longer, have to thumb through such voluminous documentation for my living.

Unfortunately, Annikki had been up till the wee hours of the morning looking after her mother. She, and her mother, slept through the visit. I told Gopa that the next time they should schedule their visit for late afternoon as then, hopefully, all three of us will be up!!

No comments: