Saturday, July 29, 2006

Harish passes on....

Many Matthans will remember Harish Chittiappa from Coorg, not only because he was an Old Cottonian (circa. 1958) but also because he was a loved member of our Kuriyan Matthan family.

Harish worked as my father's right hand and left hand when dad was the Chief Executive Officer of Tata Consulting Engineers (TCE). He enjoyed the total confidence of fellow Bangaloreans, fellow Cottonians, fellow Coorg, TCE Board Member Mr. K. M. Chinappa, as well as dad.

When dad retired because of ill health and then was asked to start up the Bangalore office of TCE, it was Harish who came back to Bangalore to work at his side to make it one of the biggest offices of TCE in India.

When I was running my Consulting Company out of Madras in the 70's, it was Harish who used to be constantly in touch with me pointing me towards potential clients who were too small for TCE to handle or asking me to do the work for TCE in my area of expertise.

Harish was much more than a brother. He would come home whenever I was in Bombay for a chat.

Many a time, he used to turn up with delicious oranges from their estate in Coorg.

I was informed by Aditya Sondhi that Harish passed away on 27th July 2006 in Bangalore.

I have conveyed deepest condolences to the Chittiappa family through fellow Cottonian, Aditya. I have copied them to brother, Puttu (M. N. Chittiappa), but my email address of Puttu is over 5 years old.

May Harish rest in peace.

No comments: