Friday, August 04, 2006

More excitement as the week progressed

On Tuesday night a friend of Joanna, Mel, arrived in Oulu from Newcastle with her daughter, Merran. I met up with them on Wednesdady and I took Samu and Meryn out to lunch to the Pailin Restaurant.

When Merran heard that I had many young people who had adopted me as their dad or their grandpa, she asked me, so sweetly, whether I would also be her Grandpa.


3 of my many grandchildren - Samu, Merran and Daniel.



Samu and Merran in Annikki's sand pit.


Merran is just 9 going on to 10 next month and is a sweet and lovely girl - I had no hesitation in adding one more grandchild to my brood.

We now have to break the news to Asha in England that she now has a new cousin!


Mel and Annikki in the garden.



Joanna and Daniel.


On Thursday, Joanna took the kids to the Children's Park. As she, Tony and Mel had to rush off to a dinner which would have been too spiced for Samu and Meryn, she asked me to help out looking after the two of them.


Merran starts her training on a dodgem car type motorcycle.



Merran handles the car with no problems.
She learnt Finnish driving rules.



Samu and Merran are swallowed by the fish.



Samu is raging to go jumping in the castle.



Samu and Merran with friends Josh and Jessica


I rushed to take over at the park. They were having a great time as can be seen fromthe photographs. After that we ended the day with plates of French Fries at the Pailin Restaurant!

No comments: