Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Nature Day

Today can best be described as Nature Day.





At 06:30 am, I was driving to Joanna's house to drop off Samu's spectacles which he left in my car yesterday. I saw two hare sitting very quietly, looking intently at each other.

I also saw many great red squirrels today. It was so hot that they seemed to be scurrying around looking for water.

Unfortunately I did not have my camera.

Our dear cat, Iitu, brought in and consumed a wild bird during the day, leaving just a few feathers on the carpet. She made a huge event out of it meowing to get Annikki and me to react. We both just scolded her for her indiscretion.



In the evening, when Annikki was enjoying the late sunshine, she called out that there was a large hedgehog in the garden.



We watched it for quite a while and we wondered where it was headed. Then we saw that it was on its way to meet is mate in another part of the garden.





Living in a town, it is not often when we see so many wild animals in the garden or in the immediate surrounds, even though we are surrounded by forests.

But today was unusual and refreshing.

No comments: