Saturday, March 10, 2007

Moses parted the Red Sea, Jesus walked...

In the Old Testament of the Holy Bible, Moses is reported to have struck the Red sea with his Staff and the sea parted allowing the Israelis to cross to the other side to escape the Egyptians who were chasing them.

In the New Testament of the Holy Bible, Jesus was seen by His disciples walking on water to the ship they were sailing in.

Both these items are now the subjects of serious researchers who are trying to attach scientific explanations to what was regarded as miracles.

Well today we can add one more to their studies.

Tero went to the Island of Hailuoto on his Scooter last Wednesday to spend the night there. On his way back on Thursday, his scooter packed up on the island, forcing him to call me. As he came back to the mainland, I was able to pick him up near the ferry jetty.

We decided to go early this Saturday morning with my trailer to pick up his scooter. The trusted SAAB took us by 07:30 am to the jetty, only to find that the next ferry was over an hour away.

I decided I would drive the SAAB and trailer over the sea to the island. With bated breath I drove Tero (whom I saw crossing himself all over) on the sea to the island. It was quite a bumpy ride with visibility, due to mist over the sea, down to a couple of metres.

We loaded the scooter onto the trailer and we wended our way back on the sea back to the mainland.

As we reached the jetty on the mainland we passed the ferry making its way to the island.

Quite a miracle, I would say - driving to an island on the sea!


A Volvo on the Ice Road.


Oh! Before you rush off to equate me and the SAAB with Moses and Jesus, did I fail to mention - the sea was frozen over and we went by the 9 km long ice road! :-)

No comments: