Thursday, June 07, 2007

Apple Blossoms, Cherry Blossoms

Annikki has been wanting a cherry tree in the Kampitie garden for as long as I can remember. I have been resisting this is it is not OUR garden, but belongs to the inheritors of the estate of her father, Matti Reinikka.

Only because Annikki and I have been looking after her mother, Matti's widow, Hilja, who has the right of residence in Kampitie, do we have the right to enjoy this garden. Over the last 6 years Annikki has turned from a dump into one of the most beautiful suburban gardens in Oulu, if not Finland.



When the apple blossoms appeared in our neighbour's garden, as they have three beautiful old apple trees, the urge to get the cherry tree grew stronger, making me to finally capitulate.



The apple blossoms in the neighbour's garden have been enjoyed by us from every corner as we look out of the Kampitie garden.



Before I could say "blossoms" the cherry tree was firmly planted in the Kampitie garden.

The garden is blooming all over and Annikki's creativity grows by leaps and bounds each day.



The new smoking zone for Mika is a pavilion with the old steps to the front door as a flower stand as the background.



The "Green Door" has acquired two new security guards!

It is sheer pleasure to walk around this garden early morning and then again in the evening. During the hot summer day one can lie next to the pond or on the beach sand, depending on what mood you happen to be in.

Every visit turns up new feelings.

Now, I am on a new project to create a cover over the front steps. Although I am not much of a carpenter, I have designed a cover using using recycled materials and will have the cover up by the end of this week. So stay tuned for pictures of my next carpentry exploit! :-)

No comments: