Friday, June 25, 2010

What a cosmopilitan mix

My Nordkapp Mini Bus trips are proving to be popular and quite a cosmopolitan mix.

Last week we had 3 Finns, 2 Indians, 1 Romanian and 1 Zambian (4 ladies and 3 gents). This week, we have 3 Chinese, 3 Indians, 2 Sri Lankans and 1 Sudanese (5 ladies and 4 gents). Next week....??

I was planning to make the trip this week with two friends. But, we had a last minute request from one of my Chinese tenants in Raantel Oy Furnished Apartments to accommodate her and two friends, so we moved aside to give them the chance to see the sight of a lifetime.

The route is the same as on the first trip. The pictures from Sandra are amazing. I am supposed to indicate my top 10, which has proved impossible at the moment. Each of her compositions is like a picture postcard.

I have, however, chosen one so far....


Saana Mountain, Kilpisjärvi, Finland. (Copyright Sandra Rugina, 2010)


This surrealistic picture of Saana Mountain, the sacred mountain of the Lappish people, the original nomadic inhabitants of northern Scandinaviaa and Finland, near Kilpisjärvi, is just one of her photos from the trip.

What composition, what detail, what an effect it has on you!

I will upload Sandra's 10 top photographs over the course of summer as I report on each visit to Nordkapp.

In the meantime, may I invite you to make this experience this summer!

No comments: