Friday, November 10, 2023

Finnish Immigration Policy - Where is it going?


My 2001 report to the Finnish Sports Federation on tools for integration.

ThisYouTube video “The Full Story” by Johanna Kauppinen is worth watching. It handles a look at the new immigration policy.


Annikki and I will try, in a later blog, to put it into perspective of my 54 years as a foreigner of interaction with Finland.

There is much you can do in your personal life which will have  a long term impact on your acclimatisation, especially if you have children!

For instance, is putting children in an International School the correct answer?

Racism is rife in Finland. It is hidden and can be a shock if it hits you between the eyes. 

I faced it in England in 1963 and again when I moved to Finland in 1984. How did I cope with it? How have our chldrn faced it and coped wih it?

If you have any questons, do write to us to help you through the problems.

No comments: