Thursday, February 10, 2005

News of a Maliyakal Wedding and another Kandathil birthday...


Our cousin, Rana, from Calgary has informed me about the engagement of his daughter, Nidhi.

If you are in the vicinity of Calgary this August, Rana and Beena would like to invite you to attend the wedding.

Rana and Beena wrote

"Sushilchayan,

Trust you and family are keeping well. Beena and me were reading today your blog and found it very informative and interesting. In fact your friend Abe's brother, Suresh Tharakan, and Jose Vellapally's cousin, Markos Abraham, and me stayed together in YMCA Bangalore in 1972-77.

I am attaching a picture of our eldest daughter, Nidhi, along with her finacé, Anoop, taken on their engagement in Calgary. The wedding is planned for Aug 27th 2005 in Calgary.

Anoop and his parents belong to Bangalore and live now here.

Nidhi is the eldest great granddaughter of Late Mr. K. Jacob and great-grandniece of Late Dewan Bahadur K. Mathan.

Regards,

Rana & Beena Jacob"

Yes, indeed, Nidhi is a Maliyakal.

You can see the details of the Maliyakal family at my web site which was created with a lot of help from many Maliyakal's around the world. Please correct any wrong facts on this site by emailing me or provide me with additional facts if you have any!! Pictures would be very welcome.

I am sure many would love to know more about Anoop and his parents.

Anoop, may I congratulate you on getting such a beautiful partner, and Nidhi, this tall and handsome young man is really a great asset to have at your side.

Annikki and I wish you all the very best - and if there is a glimmer of hope for us to get some time off, we would love to get to Calagary for your wedding.

Nidhi and Anoop at their engagement

Nidhi, Rana and Beena Jacob's daughter, with her fiancé, Anoop, at their engagement in Calgary.



Annikki and I would like to wish Mammy, daughter of Thambachayan (Mammen Varghese) and dearest wife of my good friend, Anian (K. P. Philip), a very very happy birthday.

Sadly, no picture of Mammy in my files!! I am sure Anian will help out by sending me some family snaps soon.

Mammy and Anian live in Singapore. There is some chance that they may move to Brussels, which should mean we may see them here in Oulu!!

No comments: