Saturday, November 05, 2005

Doogle is disappointed!

Dorota and Patrick are friends in Oulu that I have been visiting regularly during my Saturday or Sunday daily walks.

Dorota in Kamptie, October 2004

Dorota in Kampitie, October 2004


I share a cup of tea with them and chit chat about goings on in our small town. They have a bushy looking dog (not sure whether he is a Welsh or Lakeland Terrier) called Doogle.

Doogle seems to like nothing better than lick my toes when I visit them.

In Finland, the custom is that you take your shoes off at the door when visiting someone. In late spring, summer and early autumn, I normally use open sandals without socks. Whenever I get to Dorota and Patrick's place, I would take of my sandals, much to Doogle's delight.

Today, being almost winter, I had my socks on.

There was almost a questioning look of disgust in this pooch's face.

Doogle questiions
Doogle questiions "Et tu, Brute?"


Dorota has gone to Oxford University to do her doctorate. Patrick is alone, which is evident as he has been trying to get out of the mundane task of cooking meals at home. He obviously is quite happy with the single meal which he has at work, and the liquid refreshments that keep him active in the evening. :-)

Patrick proves that a liquid diet can get your weight down!
Patrick proves that a liquid diet can get your weight down!


Changing subjects, you might like playing with this great doll, like I did, even at this grandpa's age. Press those buttons a few times as there are a variety of actual statements to listen to!

No comments: