Monday, April 10, 2006

Celebrations in Bangalore

I just had this from Anand Matthan, younger son of my late Godfather George Matthan.


Anand, with Susheela and Pushpa, daughters of Anniekochamma
and Kochupapen and me in a light-hearted mood -
Picture, thanks to Shalu, Anand's wife


Put this date 6th May 2006 on your calendar.

Dear Sushil,

Just thought that I should let you know about the impending 60th Wedding Anniversary of Kochupappen and Anniekochamma. It takes place on 6th May 2006.


(Ed: Anniekochamma and Kochupappen
Picture of Anniekochamma, thanks to Shalu, Anand's wife)


I thought it appropriate all of us who have touched 65 to celebrate this happy event.

We plan to do so at Bangalore Club on that day and even I, in my present state, am planning to go to Bangalore.

I used to make that visit every month but now have done it only once since I was laid low.

This day we will also remember Lalith (Ed: Son of Geeta and Moni, 35 in January, no picture), Joanna (Ed: Daughter of Annikki and myself, presently studying medicine in Newcastle-upon-Tyne, 35 in January), Rahul (Ed: Son of Anand and Shalu and a leading lawyer in Bangalore, 35 in January) and Yasmin (Ed: Daughter of Ajit and Omena presently living in Malaysia, 35 in May), who were all born in 1971 and are / will this year be 35.

Tony, Joanna, Daniel and Samuel, June 2005 ©Nirupa

(Ed: Tony, Joanna), Daniel and
Samuel, June 2005 ©Nirupa)



(Ed: Ajeet, who will be 65, and his family
which includes daughter, Yasmin)



(Ed: No picture OF Rahul
Outstanding picture BY Rahul (Anand's son)
Nandi Hills)


And, of course, the 90th birthday of Chinchai.


(Ed: Chinchaya, my ever young-at-heart Godmother in 1936)


Wish that all of you could be here.

That would have been the icing on the cake, but such is life.

In fact, only Lalith will be there to represent the other three - Joanna being in England, Rahul on a business trip to USA and Yasmin in Malaysia.

Affectionately

Anand


Certainly wish we could be there.

No comments: