Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Laughing one's life away

I started yesterday in splits of laughter (see the earlier post), and all through the day I kept giggling to myself, thinking at the shock I got when I looked out of the kitchen window to see that snowman with the "Happy Birthday" sign!

Annikki made a delicious pineapple / peach cake, but we only got to eat it around 10 pm.

Pentti, Pailin and Unnop dropped in just at that time and got a piece of the cake.





They came to see Annikki's garden lights. The lights were truly magnificent.



Pailin got to sit in the snow wigwam!



Annikki showed them the main tools she used to create her snow garden. The shovel and a lot of shoulder power!



And it was way past my bedtime when our really wonderful guests left after having a heart-to-heart chat with Annikki.



It was a really great birthday with the snowman, the 200 or more emails, greeting cards, online greeting cards, telephone greetings with even Ildikó and Ilari singing in Tune greetings over the phone, and our very dear friend Eino Kaitera taking time to give me a call, Skype greetings from many many countries, and even personal visitors at this remote location.

And, the last two people that I got to talk to were grandchildren Asha and Samu - and that was what really made it such a wonderful day for me.

Thank you all for making it such unique occasion. I feel absolutely honoured to have such a wide range of loving family and friends in every corner of the world.

No comments: