Saturday, January 27, 2007

Fish food and spawning goldfish

Annikki has been at me for a few days for me to pick up the fish food as the current tin was being rapidly depleted.





She wanted a special sort of white pellet which she can crush and feed to the smaller goldfish in the upstair's aquarium. Out of 37 which were spawned in the outside pond last summer, about 12 have survived to winter indoors.





The two larger fish, the parents, are in Annikki's originally designed table top aquarium.

As I searched at all the pet shops in Oulu, it became obvious that this particular variety of fish food was not in stock anywhere and we would have to wait a few weeks to get hold of it.

So I struck up a conversation with the two young ladies who had just purchased an old established pet shop. They were very knowledgeable and offered me a suitable alternative.

As we talked, I explained that we had spawned a whole of lot of goldfish last summer. They were amazed.


Kampitie bathtub where the goldfish were spawned.


According to their understanding, no one, especially an amateur, has succeeded in spawning goldfish in Oulu.


Grandson Samu on the banks of the summer home
of the Kampitie goldfish.


I explained to them, how this had happened. They were truly interested to understand how we had succeeded.

I did not do a good job of explaining Annikki's unique table top aquarium, so I decided to do this short blog entry as we enter our 41st year of married bliss as this signifies how unusual and successful Annikki is with her ideas.

No credit to me. I just happen to be her greatest admirer!

No comments: