Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Friends and trouble


Grandson Samuel is my best friend along with granddaughter Asha.

These last few days I have been taking Samuel skiing. I have been walking approximately two rounds of the skiing track, about 3 km, while he skis alongside.

Samuel does not want me to walk faster than he can ski, which is not going to happen as walking in snow is considerably more slower than skiing. So I take shortcuts so as to keep him in my sights.

Samuel does not want me to finish the course ahead of him (about 15 minutes for 1.5 km). So we had a bit of a disagreement today. Both of us said we would tell our "moms".

Then he told me my "mom" was dead, to which I replied that I could still tell her in my prayers.

So today's sking session did not end as well as could be expected.

Joanna had to be the arbitrator so that we left each other still as best friends.

Grandson Daniel (10 months) is oblivious to all these high level politics between friends. He was smiling and laughing through the arbitration process!!

Maybe we will have to take a couple of days off from skiing till we resolve issues.

No comments: