Friday, March 18, 2005

Happy birthday Sarasukochamma


Sarasukohamma, Mrs. P. V. Jacob, wife of Annikunjuchayan, daughter of my late eldest maternal uncle, Mr. K. M. Cherian (Chetpetleappachen) celebrates her 73rd birthday today.

I hope all of you wll wish her a very very happy birthday and many more to come.

Sarasukochamma lived far away in Hirakud for most of her married life. So she was only seen at some holidays and weddings.

Her claim to fame in the family are many, but most of all I would like to say that it is her brilliant eldest son, Apu, the Technical Director of Malayala Manorama, who has worked side by side with Rajen and crowd which has ensured that the entire newspaper is at its technical height today.

Sarasukochamma is the mother of the only twins in the family. One of her sons, Kunj, is married to my Madras regular correspondents daughter, Prassana, who may be the only lady engineer in the family. (Please correct me if I am wrong!!)

Sarasukochamma is the younger sister of Bapukuttychayan. Annikunjuchayan was the Chief Engineer in Indian Aluminium till he retired. They now live in Alwaye and I believe Annikunjuchayan is still active in helping with the business of ink manufacture.

Happy birthday Sarasukochamma.

No comments: