Wednesday, January 25, 2006

60th Birthday of a sister

Annikki and I went visiting today. It was Annikki's sister's 60th birthday.

Aino (pronounced as "I Know") and Annikki set out to see the world together as friends, 44 years ago. It was I that split up the team.

Aino returned to Finland and is now married to a childhood friend, Kauko Kujala.


Aino and husband Kauko


Today, on Aino's 60th birthday, Annikki and I went over in the evening and spent some quality time with her husband and her. They had been expecting us already from mid-afternoon.


Aino on her 60th birthday


The bond between the two sisters is great. They love each other dearly as they had only themselves to depend upon when they went out into the big bad world from a protected Finnish society.

We laughed together today when Annikki and Aino recalled their visit to the London Zoo. They took a photograph of a lion at the zoo, and to their surprise, the lion turned its back on them and peed back at them!

Aino claims she still has the photograph of that incident.

Aino was so happy to share her 60th birthday with the two of us.

2 comments:

Jacob Matthan said...

I think I published your comment on my blog, even though it is from a coward who cannot reveal his /her identity!

Jacob Matthan said...

I am so glad that YOU read my blog - at least I have one reader. Thank you.

Sadly, you may not know it, but I am not jobless, as I am on retirement pension, which I have earned.

Just suggest you check your facts before spewing stuff!

Maybe I only know all the citizen's in the world - but one, YOU, and I am glad I do not know you.

And as you are a coward not to reveal who you are - one can only imagine your mental state. Suggest you look for some help.

Anyway, thank you for being my only reader! :-)