Saturday, January 28, 2006

Guess what, I woke up at 10 am

Most of my adult life I have been waking up at hours between 3:30 am and 6:00 am as there are so many things to do and only 24 hours to do it in!

But this morning, our 39th wedding anniversary, I woke up ONLY at 10 am!

Being a Saturday, with both Annikki's mother, Hilja, and son, Mika, away over this weekend, my mind just stayed in slumberland.

I woke up with a feeling of what a great life I have had.

For a moment I even did not care what pResident Bush is doing to his people and the world. I missed my favourite radio programme, Mike Malloy (I will listen to it from the archives).

There have been many ups and downs in our 39 years of marriage, but always on issues outside of the two of us.

We have always been there for each other.

That was the feeling I had when I opened my eyes.

I let Annikki sleep on - she sorely needs the rest.

When I went to bed she was busy looking after the goldfish.

Iitu's early morning stretch

Iitu's morning greeting stretch & roll


We still have not decided which cusine we will choose to celebrate this wedding anniversary.

No comments: