Thursday, April 23, 2009

Another accident

This time of the year I am usually on my scooter.

Today, just to save a few minutes, I decided to go to the office in the car!

I did not get very far. At the first roundabout near our home, I slowed down and then, as I entered the circle, I was blinded by the ultra-bright sun straight in my eyes. Before I realised it I had hit a car which was in the circle.

The fault is mine, but there were mitigating circumstances. I called the Police and they wrote the report. Although I am the guilty party, they did not charge me.

I needed to report the accident so that my insurance will cover the damage to the other car. There was virtually no damage to mine.

The main outcome is that I will lose some more of my no claim bonus which I had built up over the last 25 years. Sad, but it is true that old age is creeping in and I am no longer very safe on the roads.

No comments: