Sunday, April 26, 2009

"Mysore Matthan" Community on Orkut




I was very pleasantly surprised to receive an email from Helena (Maria) Matthan, granddaughter of the late Kuriyan Matthan, one of my very best friends during my professional life in India, that she had started the "Mysore Matthan" Community on Orkut.

She wanted me to be the Moderator of this Community. I informed her that someone younger should have this responsibility, but I would certainly contribute to its development.

Mysore Matthan was also a Kuriyan Matthan, Dewann Bahadur and First member of the Council of Ministers of the Mysore Maharaja, and was the uncle of Helena's grandfather.

Mysore Matthan helped Kuriyan Matthan obtain his job in Mandya Sugars.

I have promised to recount the story of Helena's grandfather a long time ago,. One day i will keep that promise.

However, may I ask you to join the Dewan Bahadur Mysore Matthan Community on Orket.

No comments: