Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Family arrive in Oulu

On Monday, I had a dentist's appointment. Helena Piippo is an exceptionally good dentist. She is so careful that her customers feel no pain.

I had already warned her that I could fall off to sleep at the drop of a hat.

She experienced that when she was working on a difficult tooth. She suddenly found I was fast asleep on her dentist's chair. She did not disturb me till she finished her job. She was in amazement as how I had slept through the series of manoeuvres she had done to fill a rather large cavity!

Late on Monday night, Joanna with her brood, Samuel (12), Daniel (almost 5) and Maria (1+), safely arrived in Oulu. Annikki had dinner for them and they ate after a long and tedious journey from Newcastle.

The grandkids are looking exceptionlly well and all of them were happy to land in their own home in Oulu. Maria is like a little doll which is full of energy! Annikki and I are so happy to be able to be with them, even though it is only for 2 weeks.



The Moon was parked in their garden when they arrived. Annikki had been at work!

Early Tuesday, Samu and I went to the airport to find a book he had lost. The book of 370 pages had been left by him somewhere after he landed in Oulu Airport. He had read 340 pages on his flight and was desperate to finish it! Sadly there was no sign of it either in the Info desk or the Blue 1 counter. Later, I checked the Finnair Lost Property Section, and it was also not there.

More about their stay as the days roll on.

No comments: