Saturday, April 25, 2009

Guess what? I am not the only one who has been skiving!

I took a look around a few of my regular blog bookmarks - after a long recess.

What did I find?

I am not the only one who has been skiving. The last entry by Susanna was on April 10th - a good 14 days ago!

But my most favourite blogger, someone I inspired into blogging, Abe Tharakan, has been going strong.

Today he has some absolutely superb photographs of wildlife by KO Isaac from the Kanha National Park, Madhya Pradesh, India.

It revived fond memories of the trip Annikki and I made in 1989 to the Park where we had some glorious experiences.

On our very first day in the Park we had two experiences with the wild tiger. The first was unique as a huge specimen came wandering down the centre of the road towards our car. Our driver stopped the car and we waited till the tiger approached us, growled at the obstruction, walked around the car with its face not more that a metre from mine, passed us by, came back onto the road and strode off. As we got out after it had passed by and gone a safe distance (safe for us), it turned to look at us and then went on its way.

The second encounter was more forced as we took an elephant ride to a lair where a tiger and its cubs were quietly enjoying themselves.

I wish I could lay my hands on the superb photographs that Annikki took during that visit.

We also visited Jabalpur on that trip and discovered the marble canyon, something I had never heard of during my history or geography lessons in an Indian School. Truly marvelous.

I promise to bring you some of these photographs in my next spate of blogging.

After this period where I suffered writer's block, I have been greatly inspired by Abe to get back to blogging.

Thank you Abe.

No comments: