Sunday, April 12, 2009

Chinese fast Food in Oulu

(Also posted on Oulu Best Buy Blog.)

There are literally dozens of Chinese, Vietnamese and Thai Restaurants in Oulu serving very nearly the same food and of approximately the same quality. Noodle House was an exception, but due to a paucity of demand for Chinese noodle preparations, it closed down.

What has sprung up in its place is something quite unique. (AWing Restaurant, Kauppurienkatu 5, 90100 Oulu; Tel: 08 333839<; Mobile: 044 544 0880; Managing Director: BILLY LU.)



The Chef is a Master Cook. His dream is to start a school for Chinese cooking in Oulu. Seeing his talents and verstaility, plus a quiet dynamism, he will succeed.,

Billy Lu's Fast Food Restaurant (AWing) was featured in the latest Kaleva Peto Edition. When he called me on Thursday morning; I told him about it. He was thrilled. He now has it proudly displayed in his small and neat restaurant.

When I first walked into his restaurant, I was not captured by his menu or his food, but the beautiful nature of the the owner. He wanted to talk, and he did. I soon discovered much about this young man. I knew I could try a few of his preparations.

On the next visit I asked him to make me a super hot chicken noodle. Boy, it was good. He then prepared a series of dishes for some of the German residents in India House. The sweet and sour chicken with noodle was exceptionally good.

One Saturday evening I visiited the restaurant to be served a special health soup he cooks for himself. It was truly invigorating.

Billy Lu will go far.

If you want anything special, and he has a huge repertoire of dishes at his command, please call Billy Lu at 044 544 0880. And if you want it spiced - just tell him that you want it as spiced as "JACOB". You will not be disappointed!

No comments: