Friday, April 10, 2009

Rainbow Sun?

Annikki and I were driving home about 6 in the evening the other day. The sun was well above the horizon. I saw what looked like a rainbow at the same level as the sun, but to the left of it.

I commented that there was a rainbow in front of us.

Annikki was quick to reply that it was not a rainbow, but a duplication of the sun image with a rainbow effect.

Unfortunately I did not have my camera with me.

Does anyone know anything about this effect as I have not seen it before?

Annikki seems to have seen this last year. She is positive that it is not a rainbow but just the same as a rainbow. It is always seen as a mirror image of the sun at the same level.

A quick search of Google, both text and images, did not reveal any recordings of this phenomenon.

No comments: