Saturday, June 25, 2005

Catching Up

Last week has been hectic as Annikki's mother has been in the Old People's Home. We have had a lot of things to do to get ready before her return.

Also, with the great Midsummer weather, Annikki had a lot of work getting the garden ready. (And I do mean Annikki as I am only a not so active helper. I clean the pond pumps and get rid of the floating debris in the pond, but not much more. I am also the chauffer for Annikki.)

This meant a lot of shopping around for things for the garden. I sit patiently in the car while she does her buying.

In a series of posts following this, I will update you on some important and interesting events that took place during the last week.

Today is when we celebrate Midsummer in Finland which is the first weekend after Midsummer's Day (21st June).

Joanna and Tony, Samuel and Daniel, are visiting Tony's parents today in Kalajoki, about an hour and a half's drive from Oulu. So it will be a quiet day here in Oulu, allowing me to do this catch up.

No comments: