Saturday, June 25, 2005

Suomen Tivoli in Oulu

The Suomen Tivoli is the fun fair which travels around Finland. (Suomen = Finnish) There are all the usual entertainments for children like the Giant Wheel, lots of high speed brain spinning rides, and Dodgem Cars. They also have cotton candy and delicious softee ice cream.

As Tony was away in Vancouver (Canada) for a conference, Joanna decided she would take the kids to the Tivoli. She asked Annikki and me to accompany her.

We did so with great pleasure, as it gave us a chance to be children again and get a chance to enjoy some of the things which we cannot do unless we are acccompanied by our grandchildren!!

As soon as we entered there was cotton candy for Samuel, Annikki and myself - Joanna finished Samuel's and shared some with Daniel. The process of eating was a bit mesy with my beard!!

I then took Samuel on the Giant Wheel. He scared the beejeezers out of me as he pranced around each time the wheel reached the top.

Samuel rocking and shocking me in the Giant Wheel

Samuel rocking and shocking me in the Giant Wheel


Then, Samuel enjoyed a few rides on his own and the Mexican Swirling Hat with Joanna. Even looking at this from afar was enough to make one's brain swirl and twirl!!

Annikki took Samuel and Daniel through the Mini Zoo and they came out quite satisfied with their experience.

Samuel in the Rocker

Samuel in the Rocker



Samuel in the stomach churning Dropper

Samuel in the stomach churning Dropper


But what Samuel enjoyed most was the Dodgem Cars. Given a chance, I too would also have been there enjoying them as I did as a child in Bangalore way back in the fifties. Sadly, there was an actual age limit so I was denied my chance.


Samuel in a Dodgem Car

Samuel in a Dodgem Car


Samuel in a Dodgem Car

Samuel in a Dodgem Car


And here is one of Joanna and Annikki relaxing while Samu was enjoying one of his rides.

Joanna and Annikki at the Tivoli

Joanna and Annikki at the Tivoli


All in all a great day followed by dinner at a friend's restaurant, a very nice Thai couple.

It was a great "Grandfather's Day" for ME!!

No comments: