Thursday, June 09, 2005

Nirupa wooshes through Oulu

Our very dearest of nieces, she was such a chatterbox when she was a little girl, Nirupa, passed through Oulu - Monday to Thursday. Flying in from Boston for a conference at the eastern city of Kuopio, Nirupa took a couple of days off to visit family. We all were greatly pleased to see her.

She stayed at Joanna and Tony's place but visited us and spent a lot of quality time with Annikki, Mika and me. Mika recognised Nirupa although it was over 11 years since they had both met.

Here are some photographs of Nirupa in Oulu.

Nirupa chatting away as we always remember her!!

Nirupa chatting away as we always remember her!!


On Tuesday night, I took them out to a friend's rather nice fusion food restaurant. There was much discussion later as I wanted to take them out again, but Joanna said that she did not want to go another of my "kuttukaran's" restaurant, as every second restaurant in Oulu, with good food, is owned by a "kuttukaran". So she took Nirupa, Samuel and me, to HER "kuttukarthi's" (who is the ex-wife of my kuttukaran) restaurant!! :-)

Nirupa and Joanna at Joanna's kuttukarthi's restaurant

Nirupa and Joanna at Joanna's "kuttukarthi's" restaurant


On Wednesday night, Nirupa took us out to the best Mexican restaurant in town. I had some delicious super spicy sauce with my turkey filet.

Nirupa ready to leave for Kuopio with Joanna and family

Nirupa ready to leave for Kuopio with Joanna and family


Sadly, Annikki and Mika could not join us on our dining out sprees, but I brought back some good food for them.

It was sad to see Nirupa leave. I hope she will come back again SOON.

No comments: