Saturday, November 28, 2009

Indian Cricket and fitness

I had the opportunity to see a little of Indian cricket with the second test against Sri Lanka. Mostly watched the highlights. Some superb batting by Sehwag, Gambhir and Dravid. And some outstanding bowling by Sreesanth.

Watched comments by Mohindar Amarnath, who used to be one of my favourites. His father Lala Amarnath was an absolute favourite of mine in the 50s.

Mohindar is very reserved, but so knowledgeable about the game and also has an excellent English vocabulary, unlike Kapil Dev, who kept using words like fantastic, and other superlatives, but without much feeling. I do not take credit away from Kapil for knowledge about the game!

It was indeed a good performance by India. I do give Dhoni much of the credit for the win, for he handled his bowling and also his field placings superbly.

The only problem is that most Indian players are not physically fit.

I watched part of the One Day International between England and South Africa last night. The players, every single one of them, are physically fit.

Did not stay up to watch the end, however.

Will probably see some more cricket when I am in Delhi, as I do not have much of an official programme there.

No comments: